Our Pupil Premium Champion is Miss Laura Eke
All schools receive additional funding known as Pupil Premium Funding.
Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil premium is a funding initiative designed to provide support for children from low income families to ensure they make good progress and achieve their expected attainment. It is allocated to enable the attainment gap between disadvantaged children and their more economically advantaged peers to be narrowed. Pupil Premium Funding is to be used to put in place strategies which help raise the attainment of schools' most vulnerable children diminishing the differences between them and other pupils.
A schools' allocated pupil premium funding is calculated by the number of children in the school who are eligible for free school meals, who are looked after in care or from an Armed forces family. Each year we analyse the impact of our planned spend and use this analysis to inform our future plans; you can find the evaluated impact documents below.
Pupil Premium Allocation at Towngate Primary Academy
This year (2020-2021), the academy is receiving £71, 525 pupil premium funding.
The Pupil Premium is spent in a specific way to ensure entitled pupils receive additional support and use of facilities in the hope of ensuring these pupils achieve their expected attainment. We use a range of strategies to support children, an example of these may be through:
- Quality First Wave Teaching;
- Well planned, tailored intervention groups to develop the welfare of our pupils;
- Additional teaching assistant directed time spent offering pastoral support and care;
- One-to-one tuition sessions led by members of the Senior Leadership Team;
- Use of our highly skilled Learning Mentor and Attendance and Behaviour Officer to develop social and emotional skills;
- A subsidised residential trip (Y3 or Y6) to ensure disadvantaged pupils have equal opportunities;
- Pastoral support and time provided for additional reading, maths and language / communication skills to be developed.
Please see below for a breakdown of our whole school spend for children in receipt of pupil premium:
65%: Teaching and Learning provision (49% afternoon support; 14% additional Early Years hours; 2% SLT tuition)
35% Pastoral Support - including attendance, behaviour and welfare support (20% pastoral; 15% attendance)
For further information about how we have planned to spend our Pupil Premium funding here at Towngate Primary Academy, please click on the documents at the bottom of this page.
If you think your child may eligible to receive this additional funding and support but are not sure whether the school are aware of this, please speak in confidence to any member of the school office. Alternatively, please complete the appropriate form which can be found below.
- Application Form for Pupil Premium Funding
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2020 - 2021
- Catch Up Funding Plan 202021
- Remote Learning Plan 202021
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2019 - 2020
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2018-2019 Website Document
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2016 - 2017
- 2017 -18 Impact of Pupil Premium Spend
- Pupil Premium Strategy - 2017 - 2018
- Impact of Pupil Premium spend 2016 - 2017