Hello, I’m Mrs. Johnson the Learning Mentor & Safeguarding Officer here at Towngate Primary Academy.
My role is very diverse and includes:
- Working with groups of children to develop social skills and friendships.
- Supporting families who might be going through a difficult time, such as a bereavement or changes to circumstances.
- Supporting other staff in school with behaviour or other issues that might arise.
- Being a link between school, families, and other agencies such as the Early Help Hub, Social Services, School Nursing
- To work closely with the Attendance and Behaviour Officer to allow all children to access learning and achieve there full
Most importantly, my role is to help children engage with their education, by helping families overcome barriers that may be in their way. Please call school, or pop into the office if you have any worries or concerns, and I will do what I can to help. I want you and your children to be happy and get the most out of each and every day in the Academy.
You can also chat to me if you have any safeguarding concerns, or are worried about any children or adults within the school community.
I look forward to meeting you!