Computing at Towngate Primary Academy
Computing at Towngate Primary Academy is about enabling all children to be technologically prepared for the world outside the school environment and their future, ensuring they are safe and confident digital citizens. We use a comprehensive computing scheme and progressive skills to ensure all children receive the national curriculum in Computing.
Each of our half termly units has key areas of E-safety teaching embedded into it. This ensures that as children move through the academy they receive regular E-safety learning as part of their regular curriculum. Please see the Online safety road maps below. In Early years, children learn the skills of logging on independently, which is a key part of staying safe online.
The children have access to traditional PC computers, netbooks and ipads, and are taught in discrete sessions and with computing technology embedded into their learning across the curriculum.
- Computing skills progression across the academy
- Computing curriculum map - Switched on Computing
- Year 1 Online Safety Road Map
- Year 2 Online Safety Road Map (1)
- Year 3 Online Safety road map (1)
- Year 4 Online Safety road map
- Year 5 Online Safety road map (1)
- Year 6 Online Safety Road Map